As Deadline reported earlier today, Comedy Central is raising the Barr on its programming, and targeting Roseanne for its next roast.
Given the plethora of life twists and turns generated during Roseanne’s many colorful years in the spotlight, there should be no end to the comedic material a Roast-anne would create.
But the next question is who should host this little lovefest? Deadline asked our Twitter followers a little earlier their thoughts, and we got more than a few suggestions:
- Tom Arnold (not a shock, and easily the most popular choice among early respondents, plus he followed us on Twitter @DeadlineCom to boot)
- Paul Rust (“no filter (and no agent)”)
- “Arby’s” (getting mean out there)
- Paula Deen (“wait, wrong kind of roast;” getting meaner)
- “Maybe they could get the grand dragon of the KKK” (from someone who thinks it’ll bring “minus ratings”)
- “Obama and George W” (possibly someone confused by our story today that the president won’t be attending in person a Young Hollywood fundraiser scheduled this Friday).
- Laurie Metcalf (Isn’t she a little too likable to roast host?)
- “Both actresses who played Becky” on “Roseanne.”
- Selene Luna
- Adam Carolla (interesting, interesting)
- Seth MacFarlane (has a certain flair to it)
- John Goodman (also pretty interesting)
- Triumph The Insult Comic Dog
- Bruce Vilanch
So, just about all the cast from Roseanne’s landmark 1990s sitcom got mentions, as did her ex-husband, a few other comics/comedic writers and a couple of just random (if appropriately roast-nasty) suggestions.
Who’s your pick? Any of these? Or someone even more inspired?